Microbiology Laboratory Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosting Details Posting Number:Regular_0091079Position Title:Microbiology Laboratory CoordinatorClassification TitleFull Time FacultyMin SalaryMax SalarySalary TypeAnnuallyFLSAE = ExemptPosition Type:Position Summary:
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a Full-time Faculty Microbiology Lab Instructor/Coordinator for the Research Campus. Instructor will be responsible for teaching all Microbiology labs, management of lab rooms and supplies, in addition to setting up microbiology lab courses. Must have current knowledge and skills to prepare and standardize solutions; handle inventory for chemicals and supplies; and oversee general maintenance of labs and equipment. Instructor must be well organized, well versed in reagent nomenclature, able to calculate concentrations, familiar with lab safety, and waste disposal requirements. Instructor may be assigned a teaching schedule that includes any college location, and at times that meet student, program and college needs, including evening and weekend classes.Staff Required Education/Experience:Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills:
Master’s degree in Biology; Candidate must be well organized, well versed in reagent nomenclature, able to calculate concentrations, familiar with lab safety, and waste disposal requirements.
Must be committed to the community college “open door” philosophy and be a good team member.Desired Education/Experience/Skills:
- 1-2 years of teaching at the Collegiate Level.
– Very strong background in Microbiology Instruction and Microbiology Laboratory Prep.
– Knowledgeable in the Blackboard Learning Management System.
Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 5PM
Occasional evening and weekend hours
1. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
2. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
3. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
4. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
5. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
6. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
7. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
8. Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
9. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
10. Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
11. Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duties & Responsibilities Duty and Responsibility:
12. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College Website
- Newspaper Advertisement/Publication
- North Carolina Community College System Website
- Inside HigherEd
- Employee Referral
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- * Do you have experience teaching biology-based labs?
- * How many years of experience do you have working in biology labs?
- * Do you have experience with Blackboard or other online instructional program?
- Transcript 1
- Teaching Philosophy
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
- Transcript 2
- Other Document 3