Research Security Coordinator III
DescriptionJob Purpose: Coordinate and maintain access control and monitoring systems including physical security within closed and restricted areas and facilitate the safeguarding and control of classified materials in support of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) classified research efforts and in compliance with applicable governmental security regulations.Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain security information management systems databases and physical security devices.
- Monitor physical security operation relative to compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Coordinate security badge issuance and processing.
- Provide oversight to security command center operations.
- Coordinate implementation of emergency response procedures as directed.
- Facilitate required access during closed/restricted area construction and/or renovation.
- Oversee and coordinate access control for facilities and vendor personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associates Degree, Technical Diploma or two years college course work.
- Work Experience: Five to seven years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires working knowledge of physical security processes and standards as specified through the Department of Defense (DoD) Physical Security Requirements or Department of Homeland Physical Security Standards. Managing visitor movement through controlled space, closed circuit television operation and monitoring equipment and guard force operations are required as is use of specialized security related software systems.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: Industrial Security Professional certification.
- Preferred Skills: Knowledge of Security Information Management Systems (SIMS) and Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
Job: Lab Support
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI)
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2019, 2:31:08 PM