Parking Maintenance Technician
DescriptionJob Purpose: Maintain, troubleshoot, program, test and resolve computerized and network based parking access. Monitor control systems including Scan net, CCTV, and buzz card interface, and net port. Coordinate with facilities department, Work orders, OIT, Buzz Card office and external contractors to verify preventative and routine maintenance, repairs, and installation of parking equipment and systems. Updates graphic design in CAD and AutoCAD. Troubleshoot card readers, logic modules, and circuit boards.Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain, troubleshoot, program, test and resolve all computerized and network based parking access and revenue control systems including circuit boards, parking management control system, net ports, Scan Net, fiber converters, Buzzcard interface, CCTV cameras, card readers, logic modules, electronic parking meters, and automated pay stations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve mechanical and electrical issues with parking access and revenue equipment, parking meters and mechanical and electrical systems in all parking facilities and provide technical support to other parking operations.
- Liaison with the campus facilities department, OIT, Buzz Card office and external contractors and vendors to coordinate and verify preventative and routine maintenance, repairs, and installation of parking equipment and systems.
- Record and maintain all maintenance reports and inventories in a central computer database. Compile and generate weekly/monthly data analysis and/or reports for Facilities Manager as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma, Associate's Degree or 2 years college course work
- Work Experience: Three years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Extensive working knowledge is needed in support/maintenance, electrical and electronic systems, mechanical systems, utilities, equipment maintenance, motor vehicle operation and equipment repair. Basic knowledge of computerized systems and data processing also required. This job requires good interpersonal communications skills including exchanging information and troubleshooting. Job requires operating, repairing and maintaining computerized equipment, machine tools, care and maintenance of equipment, motor vehicles, hand/power tools, and light equipment.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: N/A
Job: Auxiliary Services
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: Auxiliary Services
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2019, 12:09:35 PM