Director of Admissions
Position Title:Director of Admissions Job Category:Staff Department:Admissions Services - 6510520 Division:Enrollment Management Services Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume Position Statement:
Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.Description:
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management Services, the Director of Admissions oversees, leads and inspires a team of professionals who are responsible for engaging, educating and assisting undergraduate students and their families through each stage of the student admissions cycle. The Director will build on the successes of the college, engaging potential students, aligning communications with the unique mission and values of GGC, ensuring effective and efficient customer service, and enhancing students and families ability to complete the admissions process. The Director of Admissions will also contribute to the overall effectiveness and continual improvement of Enrollment Management Services.
- Develops strategic, data-driven student admissions recruitment for first-time and transfer students, marketing, and enrollment strategies and goals with the Vice President of Enrollment Management Services.
- Presents and analyzes data regarding first-time and transfer student admissions to assess status toward goals, areas of concern, and relevant trends, and use of that data to direct recruitment initiatives mid-cycle and for future planning.
- Serves as a campus resource for recruitment, admissions, orientation, and enrollment, establishing relationships with key partners in all areas.
- Leads the Admissions staff including hiring, training, coaching, and providing developmental learning opportunities.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning student admissions.
- Assesses and assists in developing needed technologies to increase service to students and efficiencies in processes.
- Provides effective budget management and oversees fiscal operations by establishing cost controls and spending plans for the Admissions Services budget.
- Communicates with prospective students, family members and supporters, community partners, and others to assist in the college search process and lead to enrollment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in college admissions administration and planning, with a proven record of supervisory and organizational success and collaboration.
- Experience in data analyses, reporting, and strategic enrollment planning.
- Must be a team player with a passion for collaboration.
- Graduate Degree
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills in interacting with diverse constituents.
- Direct expertise in facilitating organizational development and change.
- Proficiency with Banner or comparable technology.
- Knowledge of national and emerging best practices in admissions work.
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Position requires fiduciary responsibility, therefore successful completion of a credit report is a condition of employment. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.Position Status:Full-Time FLSA:Exempt