Instructional Computer Lab Technician
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleInstructional Computer Lab TechnicianDepartmentLASSPosting Number03516PLocationWoodbridge, VA: 22191Full or Part TimePart-TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredSalary Range14.00 Position Summary Information Basic Function
Responsible for aiding the daily operations and maintenance of the Department’s Darkroom and Digital Lab and Photography Studio Facilities.Duties and Responsibilities
This position provides photography and visual arts support to students, works closely with faculty, information technology and security. Handles technical support, user instruction, and related tasks as required.Minimum Qualifications
Associates Degree in related Photography or related discipline; OR combination of education, training and experience.
Experience as an analog and digital darkroom technician.
Experience in photographic methods and techniques.
Bachelors Degree in related Photography or related discipline
Experience working with students, faculty, and staff with analog and digital darkroom technologies.
• Advanced working knowledge of Adobe software (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro) and Capture One.
• Currency with technologies that relate to the operations of lab facilities to include workstation, scanners, printers, and a wide-range of digital and photography equipment. Suggest new technology and repair needs.
• Ability to assist students, faculty, and staff with analog and digital darkroom technologies.
• Experience in photographic methods and techniques.
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least an associate's degree in Photography or related discipline; OR combination of education, training and experience.
- * Do you have previous experience as an analog and digital darkroom technician?
- * Do you have experience in photographic methods and techniques?