Administrative SpecialistThe University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrative Specialist.
Position Details LocationHattiesburg
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
United States DivisionManagement Position TypeStaff Employment StatusFull Time Grant FundedNo Salary Range30,000.00 - 30,000.00 Posting Close Date10/28/2019
This position exists to provide direct administrative support to the Director, faculty and students within the School of Management in the College of Business and Economic Development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as academic support for the School including, but not limited to, corresponding with prospective students, preparing and sending necessary student forms, maintaining appropriate student files and working with faculty, staff, students and the university community.
- Assists with preparation of course scheduling, room reservations and student scheduling needs.
- Maintains and reconciles all school budgets in a timely manner. Assists university units and external agencies with budget requests. Prepares budgetary forms and payroll reports, obtains appropriate signatures and routes to appropriate entities (e.g., Purchase Orders, Permission to Travel, Reimbursement Voucher, etc.).
- Maintains and tracks school inventory. Conducts regular inventory audits. Assists in state mandated audits. Orders course and other supplies as needed.
- Processes necessary forms such as for school maintenance, supply purchases, and awards through the University and Foundation.
- Provides administrative support for the School including, but not limited to, answering phones and routing calls, event planning, calendar scheduling, mail distribution, greeting visitors and correspondence. Performs other tasks and projects as assigned by supervisors.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of experience; Excellent communication skills and familiarity with computer usage and Microsoft Office.
Bachelor's degree; Experience working in academia;
Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
Proficiencywith computer usage and ability to perform data entry.
Ability towrite routine reports and correspondence using Microsoft Office.
Excellentinterpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
Ability toexercise discretion, confidentiality, and judgment in regards to sensitiveinformation.
Knowledgeof PeopleSoft, Ad Astra and FacultyEnlight.
Knowledge University Foundation Go! System.
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites in central and southern Mississippi, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 130 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education's "R1: Doctoral Universities - Very high research activity" designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and sport venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 40 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of approximately 15,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 36 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 24 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.