Senior Office Assistant - Student Activities
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the link above.Position Information Job TitleSenior Office Assistant - Student ActivitiesPosting NumberP002478Position TypePart-TimePosition StatusPart TimeGrant FundedNoCategoryClericalClass Code35Pay Rate$13.99DepartmentTR Student ActivitiesJob Summary
Compiles data and operates computer in performance of a variety of clerical duties to maintain business records and reports.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Types reports, business correspondence, application forms, shipping tickets, and other material
• Files records and reports, posts information to records, sorts and distributes mail, answers telephone, and performs similar duties
• Computes amounts and checks totals on report forms or bills
• Types on or from specialized forms
• Inputs and retrieves information on computers in connection with the responsibilities of the particular office
• Makes copies of completed work
• Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Supports the mission, values and 3 goals and 8 principles of the College
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• One (1) year of successful office experience
• Type a minimum of 30 wpm *
• Experience with computerized systems
• Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Three (3) years of related experience may be substituted for the typing requirement
• Associate’s degree or 60 college hours from a regionally accredited college or university
• Experience with college/university campus activities/programs
• Experience working in an ever-changing environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.Special Instructions Summary
This is a part-time position, maximum 19.5 hrs. per week.Posted10/18/2019 Posting Contact Summary
Should you have questions specific to this position please contact the following individualContactCarter S. Bedford*817-515-1197Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Certification / License
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 60 or more College Credit Hours
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- None of the above
- * Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of administrative office experience do you have?
- Less than 1 year of experience
- 1 year of experience
- 2 years of experience
- 3 years of experience
- 4 years of experience
- 5 or more years of experience
- * How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
- * How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
- * Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)