Job location: Offsite
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-10-17
The Assessment Specialist measures learning outcomes at the institutional, program, and course level, develops and validates new instruments, provides evidence to support the credibility of learning outcomes data, and facilitates the use of learning outcome data. The Assessment Specialist also supports and administers assessment quality initiatives and may support related accreditation and institutional effectiveness work. In this role, this person works with a variety of roles across the organization, including leaders and practitioners, to obtain and use learning outcomes data and other data sources in support of organizational goals and product improvements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with academic and organizational leaders to develop and support learning outcomes assessment plans.
- Aggregate, analyze and assist in interpreting results of outcomes assessment to drive continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Facilitate the use of learning outcomes data and other data sets to improve curriculum and instruction.
- Represent organizational assessment expertise on academic program review teams and other committees and workgroups as assigned.
- Evaluate and make recommendations concerning assessment instruments and practices.
- Employ evaluation techniques based on alignment, psychometrics, and feedback from internal and external partners to improve tests and measurements.
- Support accreditation efforts through development and maintenance of the assessment system cycle.
- Lead standards-based evaluations of assessment practices.
- Guide teams and partners toward instructionally- and practically-sound assessment solutions.
- Develop tools, processes, and templates to drive assessment process improvement and efficiencies.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training on assessment best practices to create a culture of assessment.
- Partner with stakeholders to convert ideas into actionable and measurable projects.
- Stay abreast of trends in assessment of student learning, learning design, and delivery.
- Proven ability to communicate professionally, both written and orally, including report writing, presenting findings, and having strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to establish effective, professional relationships in a collaborative virtual working environment.
- Strong history of relationship building skills: builds credibility with partners, open to hearing alternative perspectives, receptive to feedback
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience and comfort gathering and manipulating data using technology, such as, Qualtrics, Tableau, Power BI, or Excel
- Highly proficient in excel functions-including creating visualizations
- Strong analysis and research skills
- Willingness to further develop skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Confidence in ability to jump in and learn new tools and processes and take on new responsibilities
- Strong organization and management skills to proactively manage and prioritize projects and activities with firm deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to a professional culture that combines the traditions of higher education with the innovation of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization and excel at learning new things quickly and comprehensively under tight deadlines.
- Ethical data practices: safeguards data, practices data collection and analysis in accordance with ethical standards, presents findings in accordance with ethical standards
- Manages difficult conversations while being confident and diplomatic
- Minimum 1‐3 years related experience in an educational setting
- Experience in educational measurement, cognitive science, curriculum, instructional design, and/or teaching
- Bachelors required, Masters preferred
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
- Must be able to travel 15% of time.
- Must be able to lift 10lbs.
- Typical office setting.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor.
- Travel via plane, car, and metro may be required to perform this job.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant
- Access information using a computer.
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain.
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of this job.
- Other essential functions and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at [email protected]