Assoc Dir, Academic Engagement for Boehly Center
Position InformationPosition Information Present Position NumberFP357WRole Code TitleProf/Lecturer/11-12MthPosition TitleAssoc Dir, Academic Engagement for Boehly CenterPosition Summary
The Boehly Center for Excellence in Finance was established to promote the study and practice of finance by students at the Mason School and across the undergraduate student body. We offer a wide variety of curricular and co-curricular programs designed to advance our students’ understanding of the principles and practice of finance and better prepare them for successful careers in finance and finance-related fields. The Boehly Center seeks an energetic and dynamic individual to serve as the Associate Director, Academic Engagement who will support the Center’s mission of further engaging our alumni in helping students interested in finance become truly career-ready and connected to world-class opportunities and helping the Mason School build and maintain a world-class undergraduate finance major and program.
The Associate Director, Academic Engagement for the Boehly Center for Excellence in Finance will provide leadership to the Finance Center by serving as the key point of contact for academic advising and counseling for undergraduate finance majors and minors. The position will include significant one-on-one and group advising and coaching, helping students set academic and career goals and actively monitoring progress toward the achievement of those goals. Coaching includes assistance with industry education, career exploration, job search strategies, networking, interviewing skills, professional preparedness and other areas of topical importance.
This position is part of the senior leadership team of the Boehly Center reporting directly to the Executive Director of the Center, working closely with other Boehly Center executives to develop and implement the strategic vision for the Center. The Associate Director will initiate and administer innovative programs, including new certificate classes and courses and additional new programs designed to enhance student engagement and educational success. Together with the Associate Director for Strategic Engagement, the Associate Director will design strategies to engage alumni with current students through programs such as the Alumni Mentor Match program, and manage the Boehly Center Officers’ Council.
William and Mary is located in Williamsburg, Virginia. Part of the Historic Triangle, Williamsburg is nestled between Richmond and Virginia Beach, adjacent to the Hampton Roads area. A popular destination for residents and tourists with a rich history, theme parks, renowned golf courses and a welcoming community, Williamsburg has something for everyone.Required Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in business, higher education, counseling or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Several years (typically 3-5 years) of work experience in a relevant field such as corporate and employer relations, corporate HR or recruitment, or career development
• Academic counseling experience essential
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to work effectively with diverse constituencies including students, faculty, staff, alumni, and business professionals.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Capable of managing multiple priorities and complex situations.
• Demonstrated innovative thinker and problem solver.
• Thorough knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply institutional rules and regulations; a thorough understanding of the scheduling, registration, and curricular planning process; the capability of evaluating student records; and the ability to work with various academic affairs and student services areas within the College.
• Experience in managing staff and students.
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience with coordinating international study abroad trips.
• Business/Finance Coaching experience
U10Job Open Date10/18/2019Review Begin DateJob Close Date11/18/2019Open Until FilledNoEmployment CategoryProfessional FTPosition Term12-MonthSpecial Application InstructionsConditions of Employment:
Must be available to work some nights and weekends depending upon Boehly Center events.
Position restricted to funding availability.EEO Statement
William & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.Background Check Statement
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Supplemental Question
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field?
- * Do you hold a master’s degree in a related field?
- * Do you have experience in corporate employer relations, corporate recruitment, or career development?
- * Do you have knowledge and understanding of finance and the financial services industry?
- * Do you have experience in project management?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Other Doc
- Other 2