Assistant to Government Relations Officer (Technical Craft Specialist A)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleAssistant to Government Relations Officer (Technical Craft Specialist A)Requisition NumberSCA00367General Description
The Assistant to the Government Relations Officer (Technical Craft Specialist A) provides high-level administrative support for the College’s Government Relations Officer and serves as the Office’s primary point of contact. Primary responsibilities include calendar management and scheduling, screening telephone calls and providing preliminary information to internal and external callers, as well as preparing various forms, mailings and reports.Specific Responsibilities
• Provide calendar management and scheduling of meetings on behalf of the Government Relations Officer and department.
• Respond to various types of inquiries and correspondence; screening and proofreading documents on behalf of the Government Relations Officer.
• Screen telephone calls thoroughly and diplomatically, providing preliminary information to internal and external callers as appropriate and directing inquiries and requests as needed.
• Manage the Government Relations Officer’s calendar and coordinate travel arrangements, as needed.
• On behalf of the Government Relations Officer, serve as the department’s primary contact with internal departments and external organizations; exercising sound judgment in obtaining or providing the required information in a professional manner.
• Prepare correspondence and forms related to departmental activities.
• Sort, direct and track mail; handling acknowledgments and responses to requests.
• Prepare, process, and/or monitor a variety of forms, records, reports and other documents related to the administrative functions of the department.
• Monitor expenditures, process budget documents and purchase orders; preparing expense reports and invoices for payment.
• Assist in coordination materials for meetings, reports, projects, presentations and mailings.
• Provide administrative support with special projects, events and activities, as needed.
• Assist the Government Relations Officer in responding to matters requiring comprehensive knowledge of department policies and procedures.
• Order supplies, submit work orders, and prepare attendance forms for processing on behalf of the department.
• Establish and maintain systems for the collection and retrieval of records and documents.
• Deliver quality customer services to internal constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Work extended hours, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma, or GED equivalent, required.
• Five (5) or more years of relevant work experience in a senior level administrative assistant role required.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multi-task required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy required.
• Advanced level proficiency using Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
• Intermediate level proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
• Ability to work well independently and demonstrate initiative in carrying out job responsibilities is required.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed, is required.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Associate’s degree preferred. Any and all degree(s) must be from a nationally accredited institution of higher learning.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Testing for this Position:
Office Grammar & Spelling
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on October 24, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankVIIISalary Range$18.40 - $24.99Job Posting Open Date10/11/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionConfidentialJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have five (5) or more years or relevant work experience in a senior level administrative assistant role?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application