Assistant Professor of Dental Hygiene
Job Title: Assistant Professor of Dental Hygiene
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 217451
Job Summary The position is an academic year, non-tenure-track appointment at Clayton State University. The position is a part of a progressive faculty team who will provide mentoring, excellent support, and technology This 10-month term faculty position serves as faculty for the dental hygiene program and incorporates traditional faculty teaching roles consistent with a faculty appointment. Specifically, this position includes involvement in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; didactic instruction, coordination of multiple clinical sections and clinical education sites. Faculty members are engaged and active participants of school governance activities; implements and attains annual achievements consistent with rank as well as those that would lead to promotion to a higher rank. Appointment to academic rank and salary are dependent on demonstrated and teaching experience.
- Demonstrates commitment to contributing to CSIJ Department of Dental Hygiene Mission and visionContributes to development, implementation, and evaluation of the dental hygiene curriculumDemonstrates an integrated academic life, contributing to the teaching, and service missionsParticipates in all aspects of teaching in classroom and clinical settingsServe on departmental, school, and university committees as necessary, as well as participate in professional activities.Maintains a commitment to serving the school of department of dental hygiene, university, profession and communityEngages faculty, students, and staff to foster a diverse community at CSU
- Preferred-Doctoral degree (Ed.D, PH.D., DDS, DMD)Master's in Dental Hygiene or other Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in dental hygiene related areas. Teaching experience in a dental hygiene program strongly preferred. Currently licensed as a dental hygienist or dentist.
- letter of interest
- curriculum vitae or resume
- unofficial transcripts (official required if hired)
- names and phone numbers of three references
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.