Part-time Faculty College of Business
Job Title: Part-time Faculty College of Business
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 217449
The College of Business at Clayton State University is expanding and has a need for a variety of Part-Time Instructors within these disciplines at the undergraduate: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management, and Supply Chain. This position will design, develop, and deliver learning and teaching materials within a subject area. To meet our qualifications, the ideal candidate must have a Masters in the field, with current work experience at the managerial level. The expected start date is as early as November 2019.Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver course lectures to students in the College of Business on topics required in the course;
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers;
- Facilitate and moderate online or seated classroom discussions;
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts;
- Provide support and guidance to students;
- Use online platform to evaluate, communicate with and track student progress; and
- Identify student issues and develop appropriate solutions.
Masters or MBA in Business or related field from an accredited graduate program.
Required skills and background:
- Current work experience in the discipline at the managerial level;
- Experience in all course delivery modes, including online, hybrid, and seated;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Superb collaboration and teamwork skills;
- Basic computer and technology skills, with a preference for Outlook and D2L/Brightspace;
- A positive, energetic, helping attitude;
- Master’s degree in Business field or major required to teach course; and
- Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities related to the course content.
- letter of interest, including the discipline you are qualified to teach (Accounting, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Management, and Supply Chain)
- curriculum vitae
- unofficial transcripts (official required if hired)
- names and phone numbers of three references
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at (678) 466-4230, or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.