Counselor (Part-time / Per Diem)
- Provides individual, group, and couples counseling.
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Conducts clinical and psychological assessment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of DSM criteria, recommended therapeutic interventions, and refer for
- Provides consultation services.
- Provides referrals to students for on and off campus needs.
- Demonstrate ability to make clinical and ethical decisions in a team-based environment.
- Provides case management services as assigned.
- Participates in staff meetings, trainings, and orientations as assigned.
- Participate in clinical supervision
- Maintains timely and accurate clinical documentation and scheduling in electronic health records system.
- Operate in a professional manner as regulated by Federal law, New York State law and professional and
ethical guidelines of mental health professionals.
- Assists with other projects, administrative duties and initiatives as assigned.
Experience, and Skills
Minimum of a master’s degree in mental health counseling related field, or PhD/PsyD in clinical
psychology. Licensed or license eligible in the state of New York to practice mental health counseling.
Experience, and Skills
Certification or training in the field of substance abuse counseling is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Posting Detail Information Close DateOpen Date10/16/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions for this Posting
Please submit a resume and letter of interest (cover letter).
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Reference Request Details Maximum Number of Reference Requests1Minimum Number of Reference Requests0Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- * What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- How do you embrace Diversity?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter