- Act as contact point for Clarkson Ignite and the Shipley Center, including front desk support, answering phones, monitoring departmental emails and maintaining departmental calendar.
- Assist the departments in a variety of administrative and clerical duties ensuring compliance with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Support the North Country Incubator by assisting with the preparation of lease documents, updating the tenant handbook and building directory, and other assistance as needed.
- Register participants for events/activities and administer post-event surveys to participants
- Provide administrative support for student intern teams.
- Assist in planning and execution of events.
- Provide support on marketing related activities.
- Maintain office supply inventories.
- Coordinate travel as needed.
- Assists with other projects, administrative duties, and initiatives as assigned
- Performance of above duties require you to be at work
Experience, and Skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive work ethic, excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to multi-task and maintain accuracy
Experience, and Skills
- Associates degree in business or related field
- 3-years experience in an office setting
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Posting Detail Information Close DateOpen Date10/04/2019Open Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions for this Posting
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson University actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Reference Request Details Maximum Number of Reference Requests3Minimum Number of Reference Requests2Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Clarkson Website
- Massena-Potsdam Courier Observer
- Hispanic Outlook
- IM Diversity
- Insight Into Diversity
- New York Job Bank
- North Country This Week
- St. Lawrence Plaindealer
- Veterans Administration
- Watertown Daily Times
- Ogdensburg Journal
- Employee Referral
- Alumni Referral
- Conference Referral
- Discipline specific journals
- Discipline specific website
- Times Union
- I do not wish to answer
- * What is the highest level of completed education that you currently hold?
- Highschool Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- ABD (all but disertation)
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2