Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor
Join aninnovative faculty in the Department of Curriculum, Instruction, andFoundational Studies (CIFS) in the College of Education at Boise StateUniversity. We invite applications for afull-time (nine-month) position at theAssistant/Associate Clinical Professor rank focusing on educational leadershipwith expertise in PreK-12 administration.
We arelooking for a school practitioner and visionary educator who can collaboratewith internal and external partners to develop and deliver high quality graduateprograms that respond to a changing educational landscape. If you share our philosophical commitment todevelop educational leaders who will advance innovative and socially justeducation policy solutions for diverse school systems, including rural settings,we invite you to apply.
BoiseState University is a Carnegie Classified Doctoral Research Universitypioneering an innovative model that emphasizes rigorous research and a strongcommitment to teaching. CIFS is acollaborative department searching for dynamic educators committed topartnering with others. We host federal,state, and private grants, focused on supporting the needs of students,teachers, educational leaders, schools, and school districts. Our programs aim, through research, teaching,and service to strengthen educational opportunities and outcomes for allstudents.
BoiseState University is an exciting place to work. Located in the Intermountain West, in Idaho’s capital city and largestmetropolitan area, we are the largest university in Idaho with enrollment ofmore than 25,000 students. Boise servesas a regional re-location center for culture, governance, and business,including a growing high-tech sector, as well as a designated center forrefugees entering the United States. Nested in the foothills of the Sawtooth Mountains, Boise has wonderfulopportunities for outdoor recreation, including world-class whitewater rivers,skiing, mountain biking, hunting, fishing, and camping. The city is driving distance from manynational parks as well as other major metropolitan cities, such as Portland,Seattle, and Salt Lake City.
- EarnedPh.D. or Ed.D. by May 2020 in educational/school leadership
- Minimumof five (5) years in a school or district leadership position with a minimum ofthree (3) years of experience as a K-12 principal in a public-school setting
- Clearcapacity to instruct graduate students
- Demonstratedexperience collaborating with schools, districts, and educational agencies
- Strongunderstanding of Idaho school law and policies (K-12)
- Experienceteaching through problem-based learning and integrated curriculum at thecollege/university level
- Experienceworking with elementary and secondary principals, as well as superintendentsand special education directors
Thesuccessful candidate may contribute to programs by:
- Playinga central role in shaping programs focused on effective and innovative guidancefor school and system leadership.
- Teachingand developing courses in face-to-face, hybrid, and online formats in theevenings and/or weekends, both on and off campus.
- Supervisingadministrative internships.
- Demonstratinga commitment to improving educational opportunities for all learners
- Assumingadministrative responsibilities of Program Coordinator for the Master’s inEducational Leadership Program.
- Workingwith district partners to recruit students and maintain feedback loops forprogram quality and development.
- Supportingeducational leadership programs in regard to program growth and expansionthrough service to the department, college, university, and profession.
- Activelycollaborating in department, college, and university affairs.
Application Instructions: All applicants should complete the online application and upload a letter of interest (two pages maximum), CV, and unofficialtranscripts. Review of applications will begin November 8,2019.
About theUniversity: http://www.boisestate.edu/
About theDepartment: http://education.boisestate.edu/cifs/
About theCity of Boise: http://www.boisechamber.org/
Job Category: Faculty
Department: Curric, Instruct Found Studies
Closing Date: Nov 8, 2019, 11:59:00 PM