Admissions and Records Representative - Student Academic Affairs Office (123728)
Admissions and Records Representative
College of Liberal Arts & Sciences – Student Academic Affairs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Admissions and Records Representatives perform entry-level credentials evaluation, students’ academic records preparation and analysis, and student registration work.
An Admissions and Records Representative typically –
1. evaluates students’ credentials to determine:a. eligibility for admission to academic programsb. eligibility for retention in academic programsc. completion of requirements for degrees or certificates
2. assists in the maintenance of student academic records; enters and verifies data in information systems
3. counsels and advises on university academic requirements, under supervision
4. assists in the compilation of data and drafting reports
5. directs work/trains assigned employees
6. assists in student registration activities, including student recruitment
7. performs variety of clerical duties
8. maintains course curriculum and related-fees
9. assists with transfer credit issues, such as acceptability of transfer credits
10. performs other related duties as assigned
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling three (3) years from the following categories:
(a) work experience involving collegiate admissions, records analysis or records management
(b) college coursework in any discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
· 60 semester hours equals one year· 90 semester hours equals two years· 120 semester hours or a Bachelor’s degree equals three years
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Admissions and Records Representative position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $15.37 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Admissions and Records Representative. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
College Name or Administrative Unit:LAS Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Admissions and Records Representative - Student Academic Affairs Office (123728) Open Date:10/17/2019 Close Date:10/21/2019 Organization Name:Student Admissn Oth