The University of Denver has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, giving it a tradition of 150 years of academic excellence. The University of Denver's college of professional and continuing studies, University College, is a leader in adult education, providing fully accredited and affordable educational experiences specifically designed for busy adults.
Position Summary Reporting to the Associate Director of Enrollment Management, the Enrollment Manager is responsible for providing superior, student-centered academic coaching and advising on matters directly and indirectly related to students academic planning, progress, and performance. The Enrollment Manager will collaborate with a range of colleagues in support of student academic achievement, including Program Directors, faculty, instructional designers, and student support staff.
- Effectively utilize academic performance software to monitor student academic progress, identify students at risk of stopping or dropping out, and pro-actively provide them with resources to ensure persistence, retention, and academic success.
- Serve as the primary point of contact throughout a students lifecycle (acceptance through credential completion).
- Using a high-touch academic advising approach, support student academic achievement and enrollment persistence and retention.
- Maintain strong relationships with all active students in assigned program to ensure successful completion of their programs.
- Manage functions of student retention, including assisting in the development (and subsequent approval of) degree plans and monitoring and managing of course enrollments.
- Pro-actively utilize Banner (DUs Student Information System) to record student progress, provide feedback/updates regarding student outreach, indicate student issues, changes to degree plans, course of study, etc.
- Engage with faculty, academic directors, student services, and University Colleges Learning Experience Design (LX) Team to address student academic performance issues and support student achievement and success.
- Ensure students are aware of basic graduation procedures and policies, all academic requirements are met, and graduation reviews are complete.
- Communicate with withdrawn and stopped-out students to promote and achieve their re-enrollment in courses.
- Possess working knowledge of resources on campus for overall student success, including, but not limited to, financial aid, career services, international student services, and writing center.
- Perform other tasks, as required, in support of University College and the Enrollment Management Team.
- Participate as an enthusiastic member of the Enrollment Management team, which is accountable for new student recruitment, student retention, and enrollment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and self-starter.
- Is effective leading projects/initiatives, and collaborates easily with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Effective working independently.
- Anticipate challenges/issues, develops appropriate and effective solutions, and executes them.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to write effective correspondence and internal communication.
- Understands adult learning styles and preferences and appreciates academic policies and procedures.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and intercultural appreciation and awareness.
- Strong analytical, critical, and creative thinking ability.
- Strong work ethic, high level of professionalism, and can effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Enjoys and is proficient using computer/technological solutions, including Microsoft Office suite, customer relationship management software, texting, Skype, GoToMeeting, etc.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1 year of educational recruitment, student coaching, or applicable sales experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 25, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.