Nursing Care Technician/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleNursing Care Technician/UKHCRequisition NumberRE20083Working TitleNCT-4 ICU/GSHDepartment NameH6120:Critical CareWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level05Salary Range$11.95-18.65/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
2 mosRequired License/Registration/Certification
Have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, for ED- KY Registered SRNA or EMT 2.RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical 3. Military Medic 4. current/active LPN license 5. Acquired Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of Kentucky Plus BLS Certification at time of hire Plus American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider valid at time of hire is required.Physical Requirements
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
Must be able to work three, 12-hour, DAY (7am-7pm) shifts per week (may include days, evenings, nights, and/or swing); will also be required to work some weekends and holidays.Job Summary
This position works one on one with Registered Nurse (RN) to complete delegated tasks and provide direct patient care such as: obtain vital signs, phlebotomy, documentation, assist with ADL’s (activities of daily living), order and stock supplies, respond to patient call lights, unit orientation, and patient admission, transfer, and discharge. Positions may also involve moving patients from bed to wheelchair or stretcher, or stretcher to treatment/surgical tables. Handling of specimens and delivery to labs and preparation of patients for surgical procedures may also be required.
The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing prompt, compassionate, and patient centered care in a collaborative, team-oriented work environment. This dynamic environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the teams of physicians to increase communication, follow through, and enhance patient outcomes and satisfaction. This includes utilization of the nursing process in conjunction with a comprehensive patient-centered plan of care, ensuring patient satisfaction and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
The University of Kentucky HealthCare Enterprise (UKHC) recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UKHC, you are indicating your commitment to and expressing your agreement with our five values: diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork.
In addition, the essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk, and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Please apply for any and all positions for which you feel qualified. If you do not apply for a specific position, you cannot be considered for the position.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, honest, trustworthy, and have a strong work ethic. Must enjoy working in a team and also be able to take direction and communicate effectively with staff, patients and their family members. In addition, must also be confident and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. Knowledge of CPR and basic concept of abnormal vital sign parameters is a must. Candidate will also need strong organizational, prioritization, basic computer navigation skills, and working knowledge of the Internet.
American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider valid at time of hire is required.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Previous hospital experience is preferred.Deadline to Apply10/23/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently certified as a Kentucky State Registered Nursing Assistant?
- * Do you have one of the following options: 1.) RN Nursing student who has completed the first clinical nursing course (class and clinical) of nursing school or 2.) A valid, current Kentucky State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRNA) or 3.) Experience as a military medic or 4.) active LPN license or 5.) Acquired Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of Kentucky or 6.) for Emergency Department positions ONLY- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT)?
- * Are you currently a Nursing Care Technician that works at UK Chandler or Good Samaritan Hospital?
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid work experience you have as a Nursing Care Technician and/or a State Registered Nursing Assistant (SRNA) in which you were directly responsible for patient care in a hospital.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe a difficult situation you handled successfully.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How much direct experience do you have using a computer (e.g. keyboarding, data entry, and e-mail)?
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Will you be able to obtain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification prior to your start date?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter