Assoc Chief Info Officer Technology/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleAssoc Chief Info Officer Technology/UKHCRequisition NumberRE20768Working TitleChief Technology OfficerDepartment NameH3997:EVPHA Information TechnologyWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level18Salary Range$156,062-273,707/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
7 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The essential job functions of this position require you to: provide visionary and strategic leadership and fiscal and resource management; communicate and build strategic working relationships with staff, faculty, and other individuals from diverse backgrounds; abide by University guidelines; maintain confidentiality; prioritize and manage work effectively; positively represent the university; report to meetings at different locations both on campus and off campus as well as work successfully with a team and independently.Shift
Primarily days, with additional hours as needed to perform job duties.Job Summary
The Associate Chief Information Officer (ACIO) for Technology (Chief Technology Officer), is a technological thought leader possessing the leadership capability to drive innovation and emerging technologies that can deliver competitive advantage to the organization. This role is critical in the transformational change at UK HealthCare to enable information technology to function as a core infrastructure in support of the UK Healthcare strategic mission. This role serves as a trusted advisor, influencing and guiding technology innovation across the enterprise and collaborating with numerous partners. This role must be decisive to guide technology decisions internally within the information technology division as well as across the business and IT ecosystem. Core to this role, the ACIO for Technology must possess a strong technical background and the ability to lead complex operations and technology-enabled business innovations. The role provides a dual focus on IT operations and technology innovation. This is a highly matrixed organization which requires excellent interpersonal skills, persuasion, influencing skills, and the ability to lead large multi-disciplinary teams through a significant amount of varied work assignments.
The ACIO for technology is expected to be a master communicator who is confident and capable of interfacing effectively with other C-level executives, both within the academic environment and healthcare. Recruitment, career development and retention are top priorities in this competitive and rapidly changing field, as sourcing and retaining the right technical talent is critical to success.
The ACIO assumes accountability for the daily tactical operations and overall strategic execution of the team under his or her leadership. The ACIO reports to the Chief Information Officer.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
A proven track record of fostering collaboration and lasting partnerships in complex healthcare environments demonstrating senior level technology experience. Exposure to or familiarity with administration, research, teaching, or implementing/managing large-scale IT projects.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field plus 10 years’ experience in software engineering and/or IT experience.Deadline to Apply10/31/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please choose the answer that best represents your paid, full-time employment experience managing large projects.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please indicate the number of years of paid, full-time employment experience you have in a senior level IT position in a healthcare setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Describe your expertise in developing strong relationships with executives across the organization and with designing and engaging with governance groups.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter