Radiology Tech CT Procedures/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleRadiology Tech CT Procedures/UKHCRequisition NumberRE20756Working TitleDepartment NameH3181: CT ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level09Salary Range$19.66-31.20/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
ARRT and Kentucky State Radiation Operators License. CT certification obtained within one year of hire date.Physical Requirements
Heavy lifting, pushing, and pulling of objects over 50 lbs.Shift
**New Starting Pay Rate** The starting pay for this position was recently adjusted based on current demand for this role. The minimum hourly rate for this position will now be $23.00/hour. All pay rates will be based on candidate’s experience.
The CT Technologist position provides CT imaging for patients and assists the patient’s physician in expediting needed care. Quality, efficiency, and service excellence are all essential parts of this position.
Duties include: performing diagnostic and interventional procedures per department protocols, providing feedback on image for improvement as needed, addressing customer needs appropriately according to age specific, service specific and disease specific criteria, and utilizing proper procedure for identifying patients.
Maintaining patient efficiency by spending the most appropriate amount of time for each task and interaction will be an essential job function, and adhering to the UK behavioral standards during interactions with patients, coworkers, and physicians, as well as all external and internal customers will also be essential.
Maintaining privacy and confidentiality is required.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
CT experience, patient care, excellent communication skills.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply10/23/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you currently have the AART (American Association of Radiologic Technologists) certification and a Kentucky State Radiation Operators License?
- * Are you able to obtain CT certification within one year of hire date?
- * Do you have a diploma, associates degree or higher in radiology, or anticipate receiving a degree?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter