Medical Records Clerk/UKHC
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleMedical Records Clerk/UKHCRequisition NumberRE20754Working TitleMedical Records ClerkDepartment NameH4021: Revenue Management - Coding & DocumentationWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level04Salary Range$11.06-16.27/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
2 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirement for this position include sitting for long periods of time, repetitive motion such as typing.Shift
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.Job Summary
The Medical Records Clerk will be responsible for a variety of Health Information Management Department functions including: scanning, occasionally issuing and registering medical record numbers; providing training for new staff members; attending training to maintain competency; recalling stored charts for appointments or ROI; processing of Patient Portal invites requests providing access to the portal for patients and families. This position ensures that scanning of record information is accomplished within the established timeframes and certifications of Release of Information are processed in a timely manner.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel; experience and knowledge in using Outlook, SCM, SRM, HQPM, APM, AEHR & PICIS; have high attention to detail; excellent communication skills (both written & verbal); ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment; ability to be flexible and to learn new things quickly.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
High school diploma and/or 2 years of medical records and/or document scanning experience highly preferred.Deadline to Apply10/23/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have paid work experience working with electronic medical records?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience with electronic medical records.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please indicate which of the following methods you have experience utilizing.
- Electronic Medical Records
- Both Electronic Medical Records and Scanning
- None of the above
- * Please describe how your previous work experience relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter