Staff Support Associate II
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleStaff Support Associate IIRequisition NumberRE20751Working TitleCustomer Service RepresentativeDepartment Name3J521:Employee BenefitsWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level39Salary Range$12.91-20.02/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
This position may require sitting, standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.Shift
Monday through Friday 8AM-4:30PMJob Summary
The Staff Support Associate II is the front line support to our customers that walk-in or call for more information on the University of Kentucky Employee Benefits. The individual will handle all questions regarding the benefits offered at the University and is intended to resolve 60-80% of all issues on first contact. The ideal candidate will possess strong customer service skills, be detail-oriented, and have technical knowledge of benefit programs to include health, dental, vision, life, employee and family education plans, retirement and voluntary plans.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will preferable have knowledge in SAP, Microsoft Office, data entry, and have filing experience. Strong background in understanding benefit programs strongly preferred.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Associate’s Degree preferred.Deadline to Apply10/23/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe a situation that you handled successfully with a difficult or challenging patient or customer.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of paid working experience do you have in a fast paced, front line customer service position in an office environment?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * How many years of paid administrative work experience do you have? (i.e. responsible for administrative tasks such as inventories, forms, reports, scheduling employees, payroll, planning events, or other activities requiring organization and communication)
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter