Computer Support Specialist II
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleComputer Support Specialist IIRequisition NumberRE20625Working TitleDepartment Name8K100:Law InstructionWork LocationLexington, KyGrade Level43Salary Range$18.16-29.07/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
Occasional lifting, pushing, or pulling of heavy objects. Sitting and or standing for long periods of time. Performing repetitive motion tasks. Occasional work in confined spaces and at heights above 4 feet. Effective communication with individuals from diverse backgrounds and various student and/or professional levels.Shift
Monday – Friday, Days. Occasional overtime required.Job Summary
This position will provide academic technology support, which involves troubleshooting all classroom, courtroom, and conference room technology including but not limited to computers, audio/visual equipment and classroom recording systems. It will also provide support for all Extron technology for audio/visual signal processing, distribution and control products throughout the college, as well as support for Examsoft software for exams.
The Computer Support Specialist II also provides Tier 2 support to troubleshoot and repair college, faculty, staff and student equipment, including computers, peripherals, smart phones and other devices. This position handles end user support for software and hardware, maintains Dell warranty certification and performs warranty repair work. Performs capital inventory for the college.
Its Systems Administration responsibilities involve maintaining and supporting College and Library servers/systems, monitoring and analyzing server and system activity and security.
Finally, the position provides support for College of Law events in live courtroom proceedings and the green screen room setup as well as maintenance and training to all staff/faculty on technology and equipment. Manages video support and production for the College of Law for alumni engagement, faculty promotion, admissions recruitment and marketing/communications.
Other duties as assigned.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have with workstation/desktop support?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Describe the most successful troubleshooting you have done. Contrast this with a time when you were unsuccessful. What did you do differently?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe a time when you provided exceptional customer service and include specific details about the situation.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have providing technology support to faculty and staff in an academic setting?
- More than 0, up to 2 years
- More than 2 years, up to 4 years
- More than 4 years, up to 6 years
- More than 6 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter