Security Guard - Georgetown University Main Campus
Security Guard - Georgetown University Main Campus
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
The Security Guard maintains the integrity of assigned buildings or areas by understanding access control systems, circulation and safety systems, and emergency exits in event of an emergency. S/he is aware of and understands all special and general orders pertaining to area, building, or functions of job. The incumbent inspects and reports the security and safety of the area or building and is knowledgeable of traffic flow. Reporting all deficiencies to his/her supervisor, the Security Guard has additional duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provides building and vehicular access control and walking patrol in and around buildings on and immediately off campus.
- Observes and reports security issues, including broken/malfunctioning doors, unauthorized entry, and burned out lights, making appropriate recommendations to alleviate same.
- Monitors and reports all physical problems as they develop in residential and multipurpose buildings and other university facilities where access is required.
- Maintains regular radio contact with the communications center and supervisor, requesting assistance from SPOs, as necessary and using a variety of communication devices for emergencies.
- Provides security at University events when needed, maintaining interaction with students, faculty, staff, visitors, and community members to provide access into university facilities and provide information.
- Operates SafeRides vehicles as dispatched by GUPD when necessary and other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of general work experience; 1 year of security, law enforcement or military experience is preferred. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered in lieu of above requirements.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with no violations in the last three years and able to pass Georgetown University driver's certification
- Must qualify for a Security Officer License in the District of Columbia
- All applicants are subject to a written test, a report writing test, drug test, physical examination by a medical doctor to University specifications, and extensive psychological testing
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Basic computer skills, including word processing are essential; Administrative and clerical skills are a plus
- Must possess tact, patience, a professional and courteous demeanor, and a pleasant personality in order to deal with students, staff, faculty, visitors, and community members
- Must respect the use of services in relation to a University environment
- Good verbal and written communications skills, including report writing, are essential
- Must subject to be on call when necessary and be willing to work extended, odd, or off hours to achieve the expectations of the Department, which may include rotating tours of duty (day shifts, evening shifts, overnight shifts) with fluctuating days off, according to departmental needs
- Frequently required to move up to 25lbs weight and walk or stand with operation of controls; Occasionally tasked with moving items weighing up to 50lbs
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected].
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu or view the online interactive benefits guide for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Main-Campus/Security-Guard---Georgetown-University-Main-Campus_JR07824
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency