Sponsor Funded Professional | Research Associate I
DescriptionThe COAS, Biology Department is seeking to hire an Administrative Specialist - Administrative. The scope of responsibilities for this position include these essential duties, but is not limited to the following:
- qPCR assays will be regularly performed to detect viral DNA from lesions, CSF, or fomites
- Perform ELISA assay using B virus-infected cell lysates, as well as recombinant protein assays, assays including those for which HSV-1 and HSV-2 antigens are used, with each assay designed to detect the presence of antibodies against any of these viruses
- Assist with western blot assays by performing SDS-polyacrylamide electrophoresis, electroblotting gels to nitrocellulose membranes.
- For each sample analyzed, it will be necessary to become competent in Nautilus, an Oracle-based database, and FoxBase.
- Enters and insures the accuracy of data from various formats into database systems.
- Maintain diagnostic laboratory equipment by implementing a program of routine maintenance; troubleshoot procedures; perform routine repair; and ensures staff compliance to established policies and procedures regarding automation testing.
- Assist in designing, developing, and maintaining specialized software applications
- Assist in analyzing, tuning, and troubleshooting database system performances, i.e., Nautilus and FoxBase.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit10/18/19, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: College of Arts & Sciences
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 10/16/19, 6:52:55 AM