Executive Director for Online Programming
The University of Denver (DU) has the distinction of being the oldest independent university in the Rocky Mountain region, giving it a tradition of 150 years of academic excellence. The University of Denver's Office of the Provost has created a new office to build the university's internal capacity to research, evaluate, design, and deliver online programs. This office will assist academic units, faculty governance structures, and the Provost's Office in all aspects of evaluating and implementing online programs at DU. This office will work collaboratively with the 12 schools and colleges, as well as admissions, financial aid, the registrar's office, information technology, research and sponsored programs, internationalization, campus life, diversity and inclusion, institutional research and other administrative units
- Work across academic units to develop and implement new online programs that meet the needs of graduate and professional online learners.
- Staff and supervise the office of online programs.
- Build a robust online programming platform.
- Utilizing the University's LMS (Canvas), develop a robust approach to online delivery programming build on best practices in the field.
- Develop methods for continuous improvement for online programs and distance learning initiatives.
- Ensure all online programs meet institutional goals, accreditation standards, financial aid compliance, and state and federal authorization requirements.
- Build a culture that supports online delivery and programming across the university.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong leadership skills, effective project management, and a collaborative nature.
- Experience building, implementing, and/or managing professional and graduate online or non-traditional higher education programming.
- Experience with departmental-level budgeting and financial management.
- Ability to promote online teaching excellence; leverage technology to support student learning; and assess current and new online programs.
- Familiarity and utilization of online education best practices.
- Experience with labor and market data analysis and evaluation of market potential.
- Experience overseeing the development of traditional and digital marketing and communication strategies to recruit online graduate students.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Creative, innovative thinking and problem solving.
- Deep analytical and critical thinking skills.
- A proven track record in strategic planning.
- Experience with systematic assessment and evaluation of online programming.
- Experience building and managing high-performing academic and operational teams.
- Experience managing online graduate programs.
- Familiarity with learning theory, instructional design, and outcomes-based assessment in online higher education.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five years of progressive administrative experience in online education.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with a variety of applications, delivery systems, instructional software, technology and networks, learning management systems, and/or distance learning hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
- Master's degree or terminal degree in higher education, educational technology, instructional design, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Experience teaching online and in a traditional classroom setting.
- Expertise with a variety of applications, delivery systems, instructional software and other technologies, learning management systems, and/or distance learning hardware.
- Experience building professional training programs.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. extended hours occasionally required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on November 8, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.