Digital Media Specialist- Videographer/Editor
This position is a creative and imaginative leader and storyteller who performs various functions of digital video production from concept to completion in an educational environment. The position leads video strategy and content creation while managing the creative process for developing innovative, creative, comprehensive, and integrated visual experiences that support and enhance the college branding and marketing campaigns.
The Digital Media Specialist brings Georgia Highlands College to life through compelling video production for the purpose of storytelling and marketing. Based on the needs of the project, the Digital Media Specialist will use their artistic and technical skills to elevate the GHC brand and convey the story of Georgia Highlands College by developing, capturing, creating, and editing dynamic video content. The Digital Media Specialist will lead, create, implement, assess, and evolve the colleges video strategy through collaboration with other members of the Marketing and Communications team. This role requires flexibility and the ability to give and take criticism with professionalism and openness. Uses marketing and communications best practices to create content and capture video and has competency in applying best practices and techniques.
- Leads video strategy through collaboration with the Marcom team to fulfill video assignments for marketing purposes and editorial needs, targeting a wide spectrum of audiences, from prospective and current students to alumni and donors, from industry partners to the general public
- Manages the process of content development, storyboarding, shooting, and editing video designed to promote and enhance the marketing efforts of the college.
- Produces video based short form academic lectures and presentations used for online environments
- Provides creative consulting and development of collaborative partnerships across the college to support efficient creation and delivery of video content.
- Creates graphical elements and animations to enhance video content
- Uploads, curates, and monitors video content on social media
- Digital asset management of video files
- Maintains up-to-date technological knowledge and skills
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Multimedia/Visual Communications, Graphic Design, Communications, Journalism, Video Production or a related field
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in the developing content, planning, capturing, and editing video designed to reach both broad and targeted audiences
- Equivalent combination of experinec and education is acceptable.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
- Familiarity with higher education environments
- 2D/3D animation or motion graphics experience
- Skilled at operating Freefly MoVI gimble
- Experience with dSLR photography
- Knowledge of YouTube tools including analytics
- Knowledge of ADA requirements for video and photography publications
- Experience and/or licensed (FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot Certified) in drone videography
- Experience in live video production setup and operation in both studio and field environment
- Experience with digital asset management
- Familiarity with copyright laws related to video usage.
Commensurate with experience and education.
Required Documents to Attach
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Provide an attachment/link to portfolio of work
- Attach unofficial transcripts with your application. Official transcripts will be required upon offer of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience with the operation of video cameras including studio and ENG configurations
- Demonstrated experience with producing and editing videos using software such as Adobe Premiere/AfterEffects and/or Final Cut/Motion in a MAC environment
- Experience in computer-generated graphics/animation and encoding media
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe CC including Photoshop and Illustrator; candidates must be willing to learn new software and digital tools and explore new techniques and workflows that meet individual and team goals
- Ability to demonstrate creativity in producing creative content through effective scripting, storyboarding, shooting, and editing
- Creative and technical proficiency in field and on-set production techniques including lighting, camera operation, and sound recording
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills with a commitment to customer service; and be able to represent the college in a professional and courteous manner, while working with individuals of varied backgrounds and professional levels
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, uphold journalistic standards, and work well with others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional evenings and weekends as needed to meet operational needs