Assistant Professor, Business Programs (Accounting)
Application Deadline: Friday, January 31, 2020
Salary & Benefits: Starting Salary is based on rank and applicable steps for related work experience as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Compensation package is comprised of many college paid benefits including health and life insurance, retirement, leave time, and tuition waivers for Santa Fe College and the University of Florida.
Classification: Full-time Faculty, 9-Month Exempt, Select the Faculty Group, Continuing Contact (Tenure Track).
Location: Northwest Campus, 3000 NW 83rd Street, Building C, Gainesville, FL 32606.
Overview: Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Santa Fe College is seeking a nine (9) month Assistant Professor, Business Programs (Accounting) to fill a continuing contract position to promote and encourage student success through quality instruction and real-world learning experiences beginning Fall 2020.
Under general supervision, the Assistant Professor, Business Programs (Accounting) will develop, prepare and teach courses which may include lower-division, pre-professional accounting coursework, and upper-division accounting courses. Faculty may be assigned to SF’s main Northwest campus or housed at any of the College’s six educational centers. Course offerings within Business Programs may be taught during the day, evening, or online, as well as using other distance learning formats. It is expected for the Assistant Professor, Business Programs (Accounting) to be comfortable utilizing an online learning management system in addition to classroom instruction. Business Programs full-time faculty have a primary nine (9) month contract based on teaching 15 credit hours in the fall and 15 credit hours in the spring; teaching opportunities beyond contractual obligations, including during the summer may be available for additional compensation based upon departmental need.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Plan, organize and teach accounting coursework that will optimize student access and success.
- Collaborate with other faculty and staff within the department, as well as with the local advisory committee to develop, evaluate, revise and enhance accounting curriculum.
- Identify program learning outcomes across all courses in the program and devise a learning outcome assessment plan.
- Provide and promote quality instructions, student success and learning, student retention, as well as faculty professional development.
- Develop and implement technology based instructional components for all assigned classes.
- Collaborate with the Chair, lead accounting and other department faculty and staff, as well as other college officials to assist with implementing college policies, objectives and functions in accordance with the SF mission, vision, goals, and strategic initiatives.
- Participate in departmental meetings, committee work, and service to the college as requested.
- Teach in classroom, on-line and hybrid environments, including instruction via Learning Management Systems.
- Work a flexible schedule at multiple sites.
- Provide guidance with issues of student performance and work in a constructive manner to ensure student success.
- Develop and assess student, course, and program learning outcomes.
- Promote quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, student success/learning, student retention, and faculty scholarship.
- Work with other faculty and staff in the department and College to develop, evaluate, and revise curriculum to help ensure mastery of material.
- Develop and implement technology-based instructional components for all assigned classes.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Chair, Business Programs
Required: A Master’s degree in Accounting or a Master’s degree with 18 graduate course hours in accounting.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: A Ph.D. or other doctoral credential is preferred, as is professional work experience and prior college teaching experience in financial management and accounting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Process: All applicants must create an Applicant Profile to complete the SF Employment Application, submit an up-to-date resume, letter of intent which describes his/her interest in teaching Accounting at Santa Fe College and explains the strength he/she can bring to this faculty position, as well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to any employment offer when academic credentials are the basis for meeting minimum qualifications or receiving steps. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes.