Part-time Faculty English Language for Academic Purposes (ELAP) Instructor
Job location: Germantown Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-10-17
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty English Language for Academic Purposes (ELAP) InstructorJob Description SummaryThe Germantown campus of Montgomery College has a need for part-time
Instructors in the English Language for Academic Purposes (ELAP) program at Germantown. The ELAP/English Language for Academic Purposes Program offers writing, reading, and speaking/listening courses at low and high intermediate levels and an integrated skills "capstone" course for non-native who are seeking to improve their academic English language proficiency. Courses may be offered during week days, evenings, or on Saturday.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach ELAP classes during day, evening, or Saturday hours.
- Follow pedagogies including the use of instructional technologies as designed by the program.
- Assign and grade assignments in reading, writing, and speaking/listening, working with track coordinators and the Department Chair.
- Tutor at the Writing, Reading, and Learning Center as assigned, following the tutoring pedagogy training provided by the Center.
- ELAP applicants should have a Master’s degree or 18+ hours of graduate work in TESOL or Linguistics.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Teaching experience in ESL, composition, reading, or another related field in a community college environment.
- Experience with instructional technology.
- Tutoring at a writing center.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment; Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.