Part-time Faculty WD&CE Information Technology Instructors
Job location: OC - Gaithersburg Business Training Cntr
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2019-10-16
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty WD&CE Information Technology InstructorsJob Description SummaryThe Montgomery College Information Technology Institute (ITI) provides a wide variety of noncredit, hands-on computer training classes ranging from very basic computer skills to advanced computer certification classes. Classes are offered in Microsoft Office Skills, Business Applications, Web Internet and Social Media, Programming Languages, Database Administration, Cyber Security, Cloud Computing, and Information Technology Industry Certifications. Classes are offered on evenings and weekends at the different college locations.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Teach non-credit, hands-on technology classes in the evenings and/or weekends to adult learners.
- Perform administrative duties during class as specified by the program administration.
- Submit administrative records on time after the class.
- Collaborate in the development of course curriculum.
- College degree.
- Working knowledge or a combination of training and teaching experience of one or several of the following technology Areas:
- Data Science/Data Visualization
- Cyber Security
- Programming languages: Python, Java, Swift
- Front and Back-End Web Development
- SQL Databases
- Computer Aided Design (CAD, Revit)
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Industry Certifications.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along indicating your IT areas of expertise with an
un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.