HR and Student Employment Coordinator (30574)
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Mount St. Joseph University - Cincinnati, OHPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 2 Year DegreeJob Category Admin - ClericalDescription
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time Benefit Eligible
Purpose: The HR and Student Employment Coordinator will be one of the main points of contact for HR.
- Facilitate transfer of salary information to payroll function for all of student employment
- Maintain record-keeping and administration of functional areas in compliance with IRS and DOL, and other national/local laws
- Ensure compliance in the collection, processing, and maintenance of hard copy/electronic/digitally archived employment-related records and information
- Coordinate various OSHA training seminars for applicable staff
New Hire Process & Onboarding
- Updating MSJ website with job postings for student employees
- Maintain University’s electronic applicant tracking system for student employees
- Manage the onboarding process for the incoming student employees, that incorporates the Mission & Vision of the University
- Manage the volunteer process for all volunteers including camps
- Maintain & update University HRIS systems, including CARS & Paycom
- Prepare internal and external employment-related reports and surveys, i.e. EEO, IPEDS, AAUP, etc.
- Update and issue Protection of Minors Training, FERPA, Title IX, Diversity as well as other trainings to all volunteers (including camps) through our training website
Tuition Remission Process
- Manage the Staff Tuition Remission and Tuition Exchange (TE, CIC, CCCTE) programs for the University.
- Attend quarterly Tuition Exchange training webinars.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures for functions within the area of responsibility
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the division; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed
- Attend workshops as necessary to expand knowledge and keep abreast of HR issues, legalities and trends; participate in outside HR organizations to further promote professionalism and expertise
- Serve on University committees as elected or appointed
- Works closely with Payroll Administrator to ensure the accuracy of database and salary changes
- Submit purchase orders in a timely manner
Primary Contacts: employees, students, external companies, previous employees, alumni, etc.Qualifications
Education: Associate’s degree, or vocational or technical school degree (equivalent to two years of college). Bachelors preferred. HR Certification preferred.Experience:
- At least three years of experience in an HR Assistant, staff assistant, or other Human Resources/Administrative position.
- Familiar with payroll/HRIS systems.
- Commitment towards diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Programs
- SHRM Certified Professional Credential preferred
- Exhibit an "employee/customer first" orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and anticipate and identify students' or employees’ needs
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Collaborate well with others and help make the staff a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, division or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Division and other areas of the University as appropriate as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Openly provide creative ideas and/or solutions to HR Team
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work
- Position may include tasks that are repetitive in nature
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references.A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer