Psychology Assistant Professor
Psychology Assistant Professor
Posting Number: F00638
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59,616-$89,724 per year
Description of Position:
Diablo Valley College inspires, educates, and empowers a diverse community of students to transform their lives and their communities. DVC instructors use pedagogies that close equity gaps by fostering success among all students. To help further this work, DVC seeks three tenure-track Psychology instructors to start in August 2020. The successful applicants will be well qualified to teach a variety of courses from our course offerings and will play an active role in increasing participation and success of underserved student populations in Psychology.
Office of Instruction: 925-969-2004
Position Status: Tenure- Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Department: D4500-Social Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
The applicant must possess one of the following qualifications (earned degrees must be from an accredited college/university):
Master’s degree in Psychology
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology AND Master’s degree in counseling, sociology, statistics, neuroscience, or social work;
A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time instruction in Psychology;
If you do not possess the exact minimum qualifications (i.e. you do not possess the exact degree listed) and believe that you meet the minimum qualifications because of equivalent educational or professional background), please fill out the equivalency petition form found at Equivalency Form;
1. Experience teaching psychology to students with different backgrounds and levels of preparation using diverse teaching methods.
2. Committed to addressing issues of equity and inclusion both in and out of the classroom.
3. Committed to continued improvement of teaching and pedagogy.
4. Willing and able to teach a wide range of classes, including classes and topics outside of specialization in a variety of formats including online and hybrid, face-to-face, double sections, etc.
5. Committed to contributing immediately to department and division tasks outside the classroom.
6. Committed to engaging with students, in and out of the classroom, as active agents with strengths, skills, and expertise to be cultivated and explored.
7. Experience and enthusiasm for helping students to apply psychological principles to better understand and improve their lives.
8. Clear and engaging communication skills.
Job Open Date: 10/16/2019
Job Close Date: 12/16/2019
Open Until Filled: No
# of Months: 10
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/6539
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency