Business Analyst Manager
Business Analyst Manager
University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Business Analyst Manager
Under the supervision of the Director of Development Services, the Business Analyst Manager is responsible for supporting the successful completion of project deliverables to the Office of Development. Specific areas of focus include: management of the Systems & Analytics team, ownership of project artifacts & documentation, capturing and documenting new & revised business processes, fit/gap analysis; setup & facilitation of meetings, event coordination, stakeholder communication and activities; assisting with the development and testing of software prototype designs, and as required, tasks or deliverables within the project phases of initiation, planning, design, build, test, and transition.
Full Job Description:
The Business Analyst Manager will leverage their knowledge of business process analysis methodology, processes, tools & administration with a strong emphasis on business process improvement, standardization, documentation & training. The Business Analyst Manager will independently own & manage business process assessments, sometimes as a part of project delivery, under the supervision of the Director of Development Services.
USF seeks a self-motivated, personable, proactive individual for an excellent Business Analyst Manager opportunity in a higher education setting.
- Design, evaluate and deliver solutions using Salesforce
- Identify business requirements around processes and systems that need adjusting and improvement
- Manage the Systems & Analytics team which consist of a Database Coordinator and two Data Analysts, prioritizing workload and evaluating performance.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Designs current & future processes by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improves systems by studying current practices & recommending modifications
- Identifies controls for existing problems, writing improved procedures
- Defines business requirements by validating project milestones, phases, elements & tasks Monitors business analysis progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Maintains business process analysis & system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provides training & reference material for users by writing and maintaining user documentation.
- Contributes to team effort by owning, driving & accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain test scripts with business and assist in testing proposed changes in functionality.
- Document standard operating procedures and technical specifications for new operational processes.
- Manage all aspects of reports requested through Development Services including, delegating report requests to team members, analyzing report requests, and recommend changes based on needs of the client.
- Train colleagues in SalesForce report writing; troubleshoot SalesForce reports for colleagues.
- Train colleagues in the use of Tableau reports; troubleshoot Tableau reports for colleagues.
- Ability to work across teams, build consensus & facilitate business process workshops.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in business, or IT preferred; 5 years of similar experience considered
- At least three years of relatable work experience; business analysis ownership in multiple projects of three months or longer a plus
- Advanced skills in technical evaluation desirable; software implementation experience a plus
- At least one year of supervisory experience
- Advanced skills in planning, analysis & process mapping desirable
- Knowledgeable of Salesforce platform, Tableau Reports
- Knowledge of higher education fundraising process and applications
- Self-motivated to own and complete time-sensitive tasks, documentation & business process assessments
- An eagerness to learn, map & improve USF business processes; illustrating in tools like Visio or Lucidchart
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio; Google for Business products - Docs, E-mail, Calendar, Sites; SmartSheet & Lucidchart desirable
- Active listener with demonstrated verbal & written communication skills - please provide writing sample
- Ability to work in team environment & multi-task effectively
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Six Sigma Green Belt desirable
- Higher education experience a plus
To apply, visit https://usfca.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/USF_Staff/job/USF-Hilltop-Campus/Business-Analyst_R0001412.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the world’s most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a student’s passion for social justice and a desire to “Change the World From Here.” For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency