Maintenance Engineer I
Macalester College seeks to hire a full-time Maintenance Engineer I to work in its Facilities Services Department. This position is part of the International Union of Operating Engineers Local No. 70. This position is responsible for performing preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance to achieve maximum performance and longevity of critical equipment repair They also perform repair and maintenance activities to equipment and systems related to heating , ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing issues in campus buildings.Responsibilities
The Maintenance Engineer I is responsible for preventive and predictive maintenance for all equipment and systems on campus as well as supporting installation, maintenance, and repair of all aspects of the campus. Some of these responsibilities may include:
- Completing preventive/predictive maintenance per requirements on campus systems.
- Timely and skillful completion of work orders related to HVAC, mechanical, and plumbing issues in campus buildings. General repair, preventive and predictive maintenance tasks, including rebuilding pumps, air compressor maintenance, etc...
- Following safe work practices and all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Engaging in and promoting Macalester’s culture of diversity and inclusion, encompassing individuals of any heritage, identity, status or orientation.
- Current, valid Minnesota Driver’s license.
- Self-motivated, skillful, and knowledgeable individual, willing to learn, and able to coexist with a diverse group of maintenance professionals.
- Three years’ experience maintaining basic mechanical equipment and systems.
For best consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by October 3, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.