Job Purpose: Assist the faculty with preparation of pre-award proposals and a portion of the post-award process and grant requests. May serve as interface for proposal management with various groups involved in the process. Coordinate and prepare paperwork to granting agencies involved with grant-proposal submittal and coordinate submittals with Finance Office and/or the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Assist faculty with the preparation of proposals and grant requests. Read solicitations, prepare forms and all required paperwork. Enter proposals into FastLane or grants.gov and prepare paperwork for the Finance Office and/or the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Read, proof, and edit proposals. Coordinate and prepare paperwork to granting agencies involved with grant-proposal submittals; coordinate submittals with the Finance Office and/or the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Monitor work in progress and provide information on various funding sources.
- May coordinate all overdue deliverables and upcoming deliverables with faculty.
- May provide assistance to students, post docs, research faculty on fellowships and proposals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Three to five years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: Familiarity with grant proposal processes.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Experience in a university setting;Experience using FastLane; Experience using grants.gov
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Advanced knowledge of and skill inapplying general accounting principles and practices; Attention to detail andaccuracy; Use of office and specialized accounting-related computerapplications
Additional Information: Successful candidate must be able topass a background check which may include a credit check. To obtain GeorgiaTech’s background check policy, please visit: http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening
Job: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Georgia-Atlanta
Organization: College of Engineering
Job Posting: Oct 16, 2019, 9:29:09 AM