Student Academic Affairs Assistant III
Student Academic Affairs Assistant III Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201909256721 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $48,421 - $69,426 Position Information Under the general supervision of the Associate Dean of Student Academic Affairs, serves as the undergraduate Student Affairs Assistant. Provides receptionist and clerical support for the CHASS Student Academic Affairs office. Troubleshoots sometimes-complex student inquiries by communicating with academic advisors, Registrar, International Student Resource Center, Financial Aid, and other colleges or departments on campus to resolve questions regarding policies and procedures. Inquiries range from issues with re-admission and international visas, retro-active petitions that affect students financial status, and clarification on other campus policies. Acts as a liaison and support for readmission procedure for Director of Advising. Processes part-time fee waivers and partial or complete withdrawals. Processes and logs all petitions. Maintains Associate Deans calendar. Serves as liaison between CHASS and Registrars office. Processes major changes. Composes letters of completion for student population. Inventories student affairs publications. Organizes and orders materials for new student orientation. Assists in management of student records. Informs students of college policies, procedures, and appropriate forms. Manages student traffic. Advises undergraduate students in the college on procedures for enrollment changes, transfer credits, and course enrollment. Supervises student workers and works to coordinate their schedules. Compiles and analyzes data for Associate Dean and Director. Serves as liaison for records reports for student affairs and department offices. Directs phone calls and is responsible for mail. Conducts student records filing and performs inventory of office equipment. Minimum Requirements 1. Five (5) years of administrative experience in an office environment providing administrative support for staff and/or faculty or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
2. Knowledge of student records systems.
3. Demonstrated experience and expertise in working with computer software such as Excel, Outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
4. Experience in database management.
5. Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
6. Ability to effectively interact with students.
7. Ability to monitor student petitions and disseminate all paper work.
8. Ability to perform re-admission duties.
9. Demonstrated extensive administrative experience in an office environment providing administrative support for faculty, staff, and students.
10. Ability to complete work in a timely manner when working on multiple assignments from several professionals.
11. Must have the verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate using tact and diplomacy with UC faculty, staff and students.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
13. Skill in accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail.
14. Skill in organizing tasks, documents and materials with efficiency and accuracy.
15. Skill in making appropriate job decisions following established policies and past practices.
16. Demonstrated ability to organize work and establish priorities for assignments with very short deadlines.
17. Ability to screen and direct office traffic. Preferred Qualifications 1. Knowledge of SIS+.
2. Experience working in a research university. Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position