Computer Resource Specialist
Computer Resource Specialist Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201910087321 43% Part Time Other $45,560 - $62,786 Position Information Under general supervision of the BCOE IT TEAM and CE-CERT FAO, the Computer Resource Specialist (CRS) performs general trouble shooting, maintenance and upgrades within computing systems, printers, servers, hardware, etc. at the CE-CERT campus. Responsible for updating and maintaining the CE-CERT website with content provided by CE-CERT faculty and staff. Provide guidance and expertise to researchers and staff on their computing needs, under the direction of the IT team. Assist the IT team with various projects, act as back up when necessary, and other duties as assigned. The position is PART-TIME and may require occasional evening and weekend hours. Minimum Requirements Experience in routine maintenance and troubleshooting of networking and computer processing systems.
Above average understanding of Windows, MAC, and Unix operating systems.
A working knowledge of large windows active directory domains, network segmentation and dot1x.
Experience in maintaining, creating and updating web pages.
Effective customer service, interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills.
Ability to manage schedules and project loads.
Ability to follow directions, meet deadlines, remember details and show up to work on time is required. Preferred Qualifications Advanced understanding of TCP/IP Networking, firewalls, routing, DNS, DHCP.
Advanced knowledge of Unix and Microsoft operating systems, Perl, C/C++, and Shell Scripting.
Any knowledge of Unix Mail, File, NIS, Printing, Microsoft Exchange Server and all Microsoft Client Applications.
Advanced Windows Active Directory knowledge, Windows installation and maintenance.
Programming experience. Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position