CHASS Enrollment MGMT Support
CHASS Enrollment MGMT Support Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 201910117584 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $48,421 - $69,426 Position Information The Student Affairs Assistant provides analysis and oversight as well as complete primary tasks in several areas of functional responsibility for academic
departments in the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences. Regular responsibilities include course maintenance, scheduling and enrollment
management; administrative analysis, database development and maintenance; and administrative support. Duties will vary as required by individual department
Minimum Requirements Minimum five years of experience.
Demonstrated experience working with databases and analyzing data.
Ability to learn new technical skills efficiently.
Skill in working as part of an administrative team and collaborating with colleagues.
Skill in sharing workload and communicating effectively in a team environment.
Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
Demonstrated experience in an office environment providing administrative support for staff and faculty, including the coordination of multiple concurrent administrative activities.
Ability to work effectively in a strong service environment that is subject to constantly changing priorities.
Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate using tact and diplomacy with internal and external campus community.
Demonstrated skill in identifying the correct issues to be communicated, the appropriate audience, the method of communication, and the timing of the communication.
Skill in using Microsoft products, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook. Skill in creating spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Skill in exporting/importing data from or to different software applications or data collection and retrieval.
Skill in reading and understanding complex and/or detailed documents such as proposals, contracts, policies, and procedures.
Preferred Qualifications Bachelors degree preferred.
Experience scheduling and maintaining courses at an institution of higher education (especially employing the Banner Student Information System)
Knowledge of the applicable federal and state regulations governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job including FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).
Knowledge of the applicable UC policies and procedures governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
Skill in writing concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical or narrative reports. Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position