Tenure-Track Assistant Professor - Economics and Political Science
The Economics and Political Science department at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time tenure-track assistant professor. Rank and salary commensurate with experience.
The selected candidate has responsibilities in teaching, research and service. The teaching load is six sections (24 credits) per academic year. Applicants from all fields are welcome, but preference will be given to candidates in the fields of Economics, Applied Economics, Political Science, International Relations or Public Policy. Successful candidates must be able to teach Macroeconomics and/or Statistics at the introductory level. We particularly encourage applicants who can also teach introductory and/or upper level courses in International Trade, International Political Economy, Macroeconomics, Finance, Environmental Economics and Policy and/or Health Economics and Policy. Applicants should demonstrate excellence in teaching and an active research agenda that includes opportunities to engage students in collaborative undergraduate research. The selected candidate will be responsible for advising undergraduate students and is expected to participate in service activities with colleagues, the department, school, campus, community and professional organizations.
The Economics and Political Science department contributes to a wide array of majors, including Economics, Financial Economics, International Business and Economics, International Studies, Political Science, Public Policy, Women and International Development, and a Non-Profit Studies minor. Applicants should be prepared to work collaboratively to support students who are passionate about social justice. The department also houses the Minnesota Center for Diversity in Economics and is committed to gender and racial diversity at every stage of the educational and career pipeline. We work to create opportunities so that people of all backgrounds can lead and influence in economics and political science.Position Qualifications
Doctoral degree earned by September 2020 is preferred, candidates with ABD status will be considered. St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach a cover letter, CV, research statement, teaching statement and recent teaching evaluations. Please indicate in your cover letter how your research and teaching interests are a good fit for St. Catherine University’s mission and vision. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide 3 references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Dr. Kristine West at [email protected]
Review of applications will begin November 15th and will continue until the position is filled; however, priority will be given to complete applications received by December 1st.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * All applicants that are offered a position with St. Catherine University will be required to have a background check completed. Will you consent to a background check if offered this position with the University?
- * Are you presently legally authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
- * Will you now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- * Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- * How did you hear about this opportunity?
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE)
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Black Doctoral Network
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Inside Higher Ed
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- Make It. MSP.
- Minnesota College Professionals Association (MCPA)
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Minnesota Gerontological Society
- Minnesota Private College Council
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Simply Hired
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Interests
- Statement of Research Interest
- Teaching Evaluations