Campus Business & Contract Specialist
Posting DetailsPosition Information Job TitleCampus Business & Contract SpecialistDepartmentVP AdminPosting Number03515PLocationMultiple LocationsFull or Part TimeFull TimePosition End Date (if temporary)Required TravelRelocation CoveredSalary Range$50,000 - $60,000 Position Summary Information Basic Function
The Business and Contract Coordinator, reporting to the Assistant Director of Business & Contract Support as part of the Administrative Services department, is a general administrative position that serves as a liaison between central Administrative Services departments, the campus, and the VCCS Shared Services Center.Duties and Responsibilities
The Business & Contract Coordinator provides day-to-day campus/college staff support in areas of procurement, risk management, receiving, travel, fleet management, contract management, and fixed asset support. This position will service as the campus Small Purchase Charge Card (SPCC) holder and assists with processing transactions and maintaining records of payment.Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration or closely related field or a combination of education, training, and experience.
Previous experience in a business management role, processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgets, or fiscal reconciliations.
Valid Driver’s License.Preferred Qualifications
Experience working in higher education finance or administration.
Experience using eVA or other electronic purchasing systems.
Strong technical skills and ability to create and utilize advanced Excel formulas/spreadsheets.Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to interpret and apply complex state regulations
Skilled in the area of customer service with a focus on effectively building and fostering relationships and responding to customer inquiries with a sense of urgency and professionalism.
Ability to plan and organize trainings to individuals or groups either in person or online.
Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and technical skills and ability to learn new software systems quickly and easily.
Highly organized and ability to learn a variety of new tasks, processes, policies, and procedures.
Self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision.Operation of a State VehicleOccasional Posting Detail Information Open Date10/16/2019Close Date10/30/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
This position is funded with non-continuous or non-recurring funding and is subject to continuation based on fiscal year funds and the needs of the college.
This posting is recruiting for 3 positions located at the different campuses.Background Check Statement
The selected candidate’s offer is contingent upon the successful completion of an extensive criminal background
investigation, which may include: fingerprint checks, local agency checks, employment verification, verification of
education, credit checks (relevant to employment), and other checks requested by the VCCS and NOVA such as
I-9 and E-Verify requirements. Additionally, selected candidates may be required to complete the Commonwealth’s
Statement of Economic Interest.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration or closely related field or a combination of education, training, and experience?
- * Do you have previous experience in a business management role, processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgets, or fiscal reconciliations.
- * Do you have a valid driver's license and a good driving record?
- * Do you have experience with eVA or related purchasing procedures?
- * Please list where you are willing to work. Available campuses are: Alexandria, Annandale, Loudoun, Manassas, and Woodbridge. You may list more than one. (NOTE: This will be used as selection criteria, as needed. )
(Open Ended Question)
- * I understand that only information provided at the time of the application submission will be considered when determining my qualifications and only responses to Supplemental Questions that can be verified in my application and resume will be credited.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application