Campus Public Safety Officer - Part-time (Williams Bay, WI)
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
A sign on bonus of $500 will be paid at hire, with an additional bonus of $500 paid after 12 months of employment.
Position Purpose: The Campus Public Safety Officer supports learning by handling emergency situations and enforcing Aurora University policies, and federal and state laws as they apply to the campus community. Supports the Campus Public Safety mission by utilizing a community policing philosophy and works collaboratively with all members of the campus community to maintain a high quality of life. Work under the direct supervision of the Chief/Director of Campus Public Safety. This position will work approximately 24 - 30 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma required. Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior experience in higher education preferred.Prior experience in a community based public safety environment preferred.
- Knowledge of campus regulations in connection with student conduct; laws pertaining to juveniles; the effects of alcohol and controlled substances on behavior.
- A working knowledge of appropriate federal, state and local laws including the CampusSecurity act of 1997.
- Ability to work cooperatively with faculty and staff.
- Ability to interpret rules and regulations.
- Ability to enforce rules and regulations firmly and fairly.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write reports and maintain appropriate documentation according to departmentalstandards.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license
- Available to be called in to work or held over until released by the Chief/Director of Campus Public Safety or his/her designee in emergency situations
- Ability to work any of the three shifts
- Able to pass a thorough background investigation.
- Ability to walk for extended periods, stand for extended periods.
- Ability to move about campus on foot at a rapid pace.
- Ability to run up stairs carrying heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs.).
- Ability to use computer, office equipment.
- Ability to speak to individuals and groups, ability to hear verbal conversation.
- May occasionally be required to physically subdue combative subjects, must maintain anappropriate level of physical ability accordingly.
- Visual acuity (with or without correction) to read reports.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.Apply to: Aurora University
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.