Outreach and Compliance Coordinator
Outreach and Compliance Coordinator
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
College of Graduate Studies
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
The Outreach and Compliance Coordinator is responsible for supporting the mission and initiatives of the College of Graduate Studies and its Graduate Resources and Opportunity Workspace (GROW), including training of GAs, thesis and dissertation format review via ProQuest, and providing support to CGS leadership with operational duties. This individual also serves as a backup to the Compliance Coordinator with timely and accurate processing of graduate degree requirements, (e.g., degree plans, exceptions), monitoring of graduate students' academic progress and achievement, and training of personnel regarding policies, rules, and procedures relevant to the graduate education enterprise.
- Support graduate retention via GROW initiatives by managing the day-to-day operations of the GROW suite and professional development events in consultation with leadership.
- Create and maintain reports (monthly, by semester, by academic year, and by event).
- Create flyers, announcements, and other needed material for GROW events.
- Attend all programs, including evening and Saturday workshops; ensure taping or other appropriate means of capturing presentations.
- Check in with presenters 4-5 days prior to workshops to obtain slides and offer assistance.
- Post, with presenter permission, YouTube videos, slide presentations, or other appropriate material from workshop to GROW Website.
- Regularly monitor and update GROW website.
- Manage supply lists (e.g., inventory and needs) for GROW; request needed supplies through the Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Support GROW social media efforts, Newsletter, presentations, surveys, other marketing initiatives; provide Director, Retention with timely information for newsletters and other social media venues.
- Directly communicate with faculty regarding scheduling of GROW events under the direction of CGS leadership.
- Perform training duties for graduate advisors, CGS GAs/student workers, staff, and others concerning policies, rules, and procedures relevant to the graduate education enterprise.
- Facilitate graduate students' progress toward and completion of degrees by providing backup to the Compliance Coordinator as needed, including but not limited to audits, catalog review, academic standing reviews/notifications, processing of forms.
- Facilitate doctoral and master's completion related to thesis/dissertation (e.g., provide dissertation/thesis formatting workshops, review of all doctoral and thesis submissions via Proquest, communication directly with students to ensure correct formatting for submission).
- Provide small group and one-to-one meetings with graduate students as necessary to facilitate fulfillment of compliance requirements as well as assist in resolving formatting issues in the thesis/dissertation process.
- Support CGS leadership with operational duties including and not limited to maintaining student schedules and assisting with graduate assistant and student worker hires.
- Serve as College of Graduate Studies Coordinator for the joint MARB program, optimize processing of student files, assist with faculty requests, and send student files via secured, encrypted emails to appropriate contacts to maintain uniformity across partnering campuses.
- Support College of Graduate Studies events (e.g., 3MT, Graduate/Professional Student Appreciation Week, Orientation) as needed or assigned.
- Perform other duties as needed as directed by CGS leadership.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years of related experience.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Master's degree.
- Experience with Banner, Degree Works, and other university software programs.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Outreach-and-Compliance-Coordinator_R-025178
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency