Accounting Assistant, Senior
DescriptionThe Office of Revenue, Receivable & Cashiering Services (RRCS) is responsible for providing accurate and timely reconciliations and financial reports for student tuition, fees and financial aid programs along with administering university cashiering and credit card processing activities.We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Accounting Assistant, Senior.
We are looking for a detail focused professional to join our team; who will be responsible for the cashiering and customer service functions with the GSU Cashier Office.
- Performs advanced clerical functions in processing the receipt of university revenue and receivables for both student and staff, which includes student tuition and fee payment processing (cash, check, wire and other accepted methods of payments) and departmental transactions (deposits, replenishments and cash advance closures)
- Delivers excellent customer service via email, phone and/or in-person
- Maintains a professional attitude at all times
- Properly handles and accurately balances the daily cash drawers, and maintains an acceptable variance record
- Maintains and audits payments, checks, files, records, and reports
- Accurately creates basic journal entries for approval
- Monitors and reconciles transactions for online student credit/debit card and e-check payments
- Assists in resolving discrepancies between the accounting ledger and bank account
- Orders currency for on-campus merchants
- Travels to other campuses in the metro Atlanta area using personal vehicle
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
QualificationsHigh school diploma or GED and three years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit10/21/19, 10:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Comptroller/Financial Services
Location: Dunwoody Campus
Job Posting: 10/27/19, 11:00:00 PM