Study Abroad Advisor
DescriptionThe Study Abroad Programs office is currently accepting applications for a Study Abroad Advisor. The Study Abroad Advisor will advise students interested in study abroad on opportunities available and the necessary steps to take to study abroad. The advisor will trouble shoot when needed to ensure the study abroad experience (before and after travel) is a positive one. Additionally, the advisor will promote study abroad across campus, provide support to faculty leading study abroad programs, and liaise with various units across campus.
Study Abroad Programs is a division of the Office of International Initiatives. The mission of this university-wide unit is to promote global awareness and drive engagement to ensure GSU achieves distinction in globalizing the university community. Its major component units include: Study Abroad Programs, International Partnerships and Agreements, the GSU Confucius Institute, and Special Programs for Global Engagement.
Examples of Duties
- Holds walk-in advising hours at fixed times during the week.
- Facilitates study abroad application procedures and processes for students.
- Investigates and resolves student issues, such as financial aid, credit transfer, etc.
- Works with the assigned college(s) and academic advisors concerning the academic integration of the study abroad program.
- Attends campus events throughout the year to promote study abroad
- Plans and coordinates special events to increase interest in study abroad
- Works with faculty Study Abroad Program Directors to provide support to their programs
- Responds to special requests from students, parents, staff, faculty, administrators, etc.
- Works on special projects, as assigned.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business Unit10/26/19, 9:29:00 AM
College/Business Unit: Provost & VP Academic Affairs
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 10/14/19, 6:43:50 PM