Coordinator of the Tutoring Center (Part-Time)
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the part-time position of Coordinator of the Tutoring Center. The Coordinator of the Tutoring Center contributes to academic success by organizing and providing quality and dynamic tutoring services. Responsibilities include overseeing both in-person and eTutoring, identifying and fulfilling tutoring needs, and creating tutor training programs.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, transcripts, and three professional references when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Tutoring Center.
- Provide tutoring services.
- In cooperation with the Director of the Library and Tutoring Center hire and supervise professional and peer tutors.
- Schedule professional and peer tutors, as well as desk assistants.
- Approve tutor timesheets and track associated budgets.
- Along with the Library/Tutoring Center Assistant, coordinate testing services and scheduling of special accommodations testing.
- Promote Tutoring Center services through classroom visits, displays, flyers, and electronic communications.
- Act as eTutoring coordinator including working with constituents at the Ohio eTutoring Collaborative to ensure that the college adheres to the rules of the consortia.
- Ensure that the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) International Tutor Training Program certification is maintained.
- Coordinate and present CRLA workshops and trainings for tutors.
- Compile statistical reports as needed.
- Work with Faculty and staff to identify tutoring and learning assistance needs.
- Develop learning outcomes and assessment measures for tutoring program.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
- Knowledge of standard tutoring practices and procedures as they apply to adult learners.
- Operate computer equipment and a variety of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work professionally and tactfully with a diverse group of people.
- Commitment to customer service and communication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while being flexible in the time allotted to complete tasks and prioritize work to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and college as a whole.
- Ability to follow procedures consistently and to pay close attention to detail.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasionally travel to regional campuses.
Two years of tutoring or teaching experience required. Supervisory experience required. Community College experience preferred.
Required Educational Background:
Bachelor's degree in education or a related field required.
Supervises following staff:
- Tutoring Center tutors (professional and peer).
- Part-time student workers as assigned.