Assistant Payroll Supervisor
- Manageall contingent payment documents to ensure accurate processing and posting.
- Maintainthe receipt, verification, and data entry to PeopleSoft of all contingentpayroll-related forms and documents.
- Overseethe Graduate Assistant and Resident Assistant Payment Program including dataentry of the hiring record, payment schedule, and payment set-up in PeopleSoftAdditional Pay.
- Handlesthe set-up and maintenance of payment spreadsheets to track biweekly paymentsdue and process data changes.
- Managethe Student Employee Payment Program including processing web and papertimesheets, along with processing terminations and assure compliance with FICAtax regulations regarding enrollment status.
- Worksdirectly with Financial Aid Director and Federal Work Study (FWS) Administratorto assure that students do not use their FWS award funds until all requirementsare satisfied.
- Supervisedaily workflow which must be closely monitored to meet strict payrollprocessing deadlines imposed by the Central Payroll Bureau (CPB). Includescoordinating leave requests, work and lunch schedules to provide sufficientstaffing to complete tasks.
- Providestaff with payroll training, coaching/counseling, and perform periodicperformance evaluations.
- RunPeopleSoft HR/Payroll processes that ultimately produce reports used to postpayment data to Central Payroll Bureau’s (CPB) system.
- Monitorsystem output, identify errors, diagnose problems and appropriate correctionsto PeopleSoft to ensure accuracy of data and to resolve system-relatedproblems.
- UpdatePeopleSoft payroll processing steps for improvements and changes as needed,particularly after major system upgrades.
- Troubleshootand resolve technical problems and, in conjunction with OTS, test systemsupgrades.
- Researchproblems concerning all errors, rejects, pending transactions, pay ratechanges, retroactive adjustments, stop payment requests, canceled checks,overtime calculations, W-2 and W-4 forms, and address changes.
- Respondto request from departments regarding corrections to payroll accounting data.
- Managethe calculations related to retroactive payment requests and salary advances.
- Assumeall duties of the Payroll Manager in the employee’s absence. Other dutiesassigned as needed.
QualificationsBachelor’sdegree and three years of related work experience. Thorough knowledge of complex and specialized payroll rules. In-depth understanding of PeopleSoft HCMincluding payroll-related table structures, ability to run and troubleshootprocesses and to create queries. Functional knowledge of Imaging software andCentral Payroll Bureau's accounting system. Supervisory and team-building skills. Ability to communicate effectivelyboth in writing and verbally. Ability toprovide excellent customer service in a hectic environment and to multi-task.Previous experience in a Higher Education environment preferred. A Criminal Background Investigation is required for thehired candidate and the results may impact employment.
Organization: Administration & Finance Division
Primary Location: Main Campus
Job Posting: Oct 14, 2019