Assistant Professor of Spanish
Teach undergraduate face-to-face Spanish Language courses; advise and mentor students; develop needed and appropriate courses; review and plan curricula; conduct scholarly research; serve on departmental, college and university level committees; participate in community service and outreach programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
List the primary job duties and responsibilities
- Teach Spanish Language courses, primarily Elementary Spanish I and II and Intermediate Spanish I and II
- Advise and mentor students
- Develop needed and appropriate courses
- Serve on departmental, college and university level committees
- Participate in community service and outreach programs of the institution
- Exhibit a strong commitment to research and strengthening the programs in the department
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and other programs, departments, and/or colleges
- Other duties as assigned
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the selected candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the position.
Minimum: List the minimum qualifications required to perform the job successfully and are necessary to be considered for the position.
- 18 graduate hours in Spanish or SPAN course work or related area.
- Experience teaching in a traditional classroom setting.
- Documented ability to teach, advise and mentor.
- Documented ability to foster relationships with students and colleagues.
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Doctorate degree in Spanish
The working conditions should be identified in this section regular, evening, and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, and so forth.
- Travel required maybe, for local recruiting purposes only
- Evening/night/weekend work maybe
- Working outdoors no
- Climate controlled environment- yes
- Teach 12 - 15 credit hours of SPAN courses in the classroom.
- Be physically present on campus a minimum of three days each week.
- Maintain no fewer than ten (10) office hours during each week.
StudentsFort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com