Senior Business Systems AnalystFinancial Aid (0657U)
Senior Business Systems AnalystFinancial Aid (0657U) About Berkeley
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
The Financial Aid and Scholarships Office (FASO) has responsibility for the functionality of the Financial Aid module of Campus solutions, which is the student aid management system which calculates and disperses $650 Million in financial aid to 25,000 students annually, and for its interfaces with other campus, system-wide, federal, and state systems. Technical staff creates and maintains custom in-house applications to support financial aid activities, and will play a key role in the ongoing configuration, implementation and support of the Financial Aid module of Oracle's Campus Solutions.
The Business Systems Analyst serves as a leader in identification of business needs, optimization of systems solutions, and as liaison between the technical staff clustered at the division level and the functional departmental users in the Financial Aid and Scholarships Office. The Business Systems Analyst works with senior leadership to prioritize projects and works collaboratively with functional staff to define system requirements and with the technical staff on systems issues. The Business Systems Analyst creates and monitors long and short term project plans involving work from vendors, divisional IT staff and functional staff in Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- Performs highly complex analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications. Plans and executes unit integration and acceptance testing. Initiates, facilitates, implements and documents work process changes.
- Initiates and designs automated system specifications where there are no standardized policies or procedures. Initiates, designs or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering software capacity and limitations, processing time, and form of desired results. Creates highly technical specifications for systems with broad impact on campus. Ensures system compliance with federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations.
- Participates in and leads cross-functional teams to solve complex business or systems issues involving all aspects of financial aid, scholarships, and workstudy on the campus. Includes work on interfaces with systems used by Undergraduate Admissions Office, the Registrar's Office, the Graduate Division, Payroll, Billing and Payment Services, California Alumni Association, Intercollegiate Athletics and others. May participate in systemwide teams of Financial Aid technical and analytical staff.
- Applies advanced business systems concepts to define highly complex systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Provides feedback to vendors on needed functionality in the student aid management system supporting FASO's continuous efforts to streamline work and ensure compliance with regulations by developing in-house custom systems. Prepares requests for proposals (RFPs) for new systems or functionalities.
- Works at the highest technical level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment. Participates in Financial Aid and Scholarships office strategic planning and leadership activities.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Hiring range is $115,000-$124,200/annually.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a full-time career position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=1950&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency