Assistant Director, Graduate Admission
The Assistant Director will be an integral part of an admissions team charged with the responsibility of supporting the recruiting and admissions efforts across the entire suite of graduate programs. Specific responsibilities include staffing recruiting events (on and off campus) and taking an active role in the interview and application review process. The College's and the Graduate School's strategic goals will impact class profile goals as measured by a number of factors including but not limited to GMAT, GPA, work experience, % international and % US ethnic minorities. Key Responsibilities:
- Executes a pipe-line development strategy and recruitment strategy for all programs.
- Responsible for implementing the conversion process for the MBA and Masters programs including outreach to inquiries, applicants, and admitted candidates via web, telephone, mail, e-mail, social media, and in person.
- Interviews and counsels prospective students and evaluates their candidacy for the MBA programs.
- In collaboration with the MBA Admission team, plans and executes logistics of candidates' class visits for all full-time programs.
- Works in collaboration with the Associate Directors and the Events Manager in planning and executing recruiting events, both on campus and off. The program events may include: one-on-one sessions with candidates, visitor programs, information sessions, yield receptions, programs for admitted students. Responsibilities also include outreach and participation in all programs' recruiting activities.
- Takes the lead on benchmarking projects to ensure application process continues to be competitive and reflect market place shifts.
- Provides input as necessary in the development of the MBA marketing materials.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining a productive, collaborative, and continuous feedback loop with colleagues within the Graduate School and College. Areas important to our business include the Dean's Office, Program Management, Career Services, Housing, International Programs, College Marketing, and Student Financial Services.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and projects as required.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in graduate admission and or relevant sales experience
- Must have a strong student recruiting background
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively on a high-performance team
- Ability to handle multiple projects with frequent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to report and manipulate data to identify shifts and trends in the marketplace. Data analysis is also integral as well as the ability to carry out efforts on behalf of the graduate programs and ensure enrollment goals are attained
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, and faculty
- Envisions and proposes new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accepts new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results
- Anticipates and embraces change; demonstrates willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Must have had a valid unrestricted U.S. Driver's License for one year, and maintain throughout employment an insurable (as determined by the College's insurer's criteria) or a satisfactory driving record; must successfully complete and pass the College's vehicle training program within the first 60 days of employment; annual or more frequent review of employee's driving record based on the College insurer's criteria; and safety training as required by management.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Required to travel domestically and internationally
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Education, or equivalent strongly preferred
- Preference given to candidates who hold an MBA
Interested candidates should apply via our website https://babson.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Staff
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here. Babson College is committed to enhancing diversity and inclusion across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.