Associate Director, Major Giving Stewardship
Reporting to the Director, Donor Relations & Stewardship, the Associate Director, Major Giving Stewardship is responsible for creating robust engagement opportunities for the University of Denver's most generous and loyal constituency. The successful candidate will develop and oversee a team of 1-2 professionals managing the university-wide giving societies and all stewardship campaigns. This position is responsible for managing the individualized stewardship plans and correspondence for our most generous donors and will be a key strategic partner to the Director, Donor Relations & Stewardship as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision.
The successful candidate for this position will have a passion for creating individualized experiences for our most generous donors, outstanding attention to detail and small touches, and an unwavering commitment to the highest quality standards.
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU's remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
Major Giving Stewardship
- Serve a complex and high-profile donor constituency.
- Craft and implement personalized stewardship plans for all donors generously giving over $1 million to the University of Denver.
- Coordinate annual impact reporting for all donors generously giving over $5 million to the University of Denver.
- Create protocol and manage all donor recognition and signage projects.
- Support leadership portfolios with robust stewardship plans and touchpoints.
- Provide leadership to 1-2 FTE. This includes the day-to-day functionality of the employees, as well as facilitating the recruitment, hiring, training, mentoring, evaluation and professional development of the employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to serve a highly complex and high profile constituency.
- Demonstrated ability to craft and execute high-level donor stewardship experiences and communications.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with short timelines.
- Flexible, highly organized and extremely detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating individualized experiences and elements of delight.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, take action, create solutions, implement plans, analyze results and iterate for a maximum positive effect.
- Ability to navigate in an ambiguous environment and take initiative to launch projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience. (Veterans with equivalent combination of military certification/education and experience may substitute for the degree qualification).
- 5 years of donor/constituent/member relations experience.
- Demonstrated professional leadership experience.
- Master's degree in business, hospitality, public relations, higher education, communications or related.
- Experience in higher education or similarly complex environment.
- Experience working with high profile constituencies.
- Management or supervisory experience.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., some nights and weekends as required
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on October 31, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter outlining your professional leadership experience
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.